Founder and CEO of New England Family Housing (NEFH), Kevin Lacasse, has been a developer and property manager of residential and commercial real-estate since before the start of his company in 2004. With over 20 years of experience, Kevin has worked to build and rehabilitate several housing projects, totaling hundreds of units, in his home state of New Hampshire as well as Louisiana, North Carolina and Texas. Recently, NEFH was one of 31 companies statewide to receive an InvestNH Capital Program grant ($1.09 million), administered by the New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs, to rehabilitate the former Brown School in Berlin for additional housing.
Throughout his career, he participated in multiple government-funded construction projects, with funding sources including the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Energy Enterprise Fund (EEF) and other energy related programs, and maintained long-term management of the finished products. Additionally, Kevin has nearly 20 years of experience investing in single family, multi-family and commercial real estate.
A Berlin, New Hampshire native, Kevin started his career as a welder and fabricator for Tri-State Ironworks, building multiple-floor steel building structures, and Lewis & Saunders as an engineer in the aerospace industry.
• Kevin has ownership in a portfolio of properties totaling more than $122 million in value.
• He has developed about 1,500 housing units, over 500 of which are in New Hampshire
• Rehabbed over 70 residential properties, including single family and multi-family properties, where the net profits were from 20% to 50% of the rehabbed properties value, within three to six months from purchase to sale.
• In 2010, Kevin also received NH Union Leader’s “40 Under Forty” award.
• He formed a start-up home builder company called D&L Homes, LLC specializing in custom speculative houses as well as retail customers.
• Acted as general contractor for over a dozen projects, from land clearing to home completion. Worked on land developments and subdivisions in Vermont and New Hampshire.
• Kevin is an approved builder through three modular home companies: Apex Modular Homes, Design Homes and Westchester Modular Homes.
• An approved builder through USDA Rural Development in New Hampshire and Energy Star.